Friday, February 19, 2010

Adhesive Bandages(Band aids)...?

For a while know I've known I'm allergic to adhesive bandages, from trial and error I've figured it's most likely the adhesive itself(I know I'm not allergic to latex) so I was wondering if anyone here knew the most common adhesives used in adhesive bandages?





(And what substitute hypoalergenic bandaids use?)Adhesive Bandages(Band aids)...?
I'm allergic to most adhesives also. I have found the stronger the adhesive the worse it is.





I usually make my own bandages and just make them to wrap around the areas keeping skin contact to a minimal amount if not any contact at all.





Some hospitals are banning band-aids altogether now.





Here is a good article discussing allergic reactions to adhesives.





http://www.dermnetnz.org/dermatitis/epox鈥?/a>





GOOD LUCK!Adhesive Bandages(Band aids)...?
I do not know if you are having problems, simply use super glue....seriosuly hold the wound together and put a strip of super glue. We always used this especially in quick wrestling matches!
Good question





I avoid using band-aids etc, and use a bandage for wounds, taking care to avoid the adhesive coming into contact with my skin.





I am a First Aid instructor, so usually will mention how to deal with those who have band-aid allergies, especially if asked.





Jeffrey thanks for the link, it had some really useful info.
buy coban and gauze.

No comments:

Post a Comment