Friday, February 19, 2010

What to do when adhesive from bandages causes the skin to be stretched out and irritated?

I got a few moles removed last week. One was on the groove of the inner thigh, right by the bikini line. I have to remove the bandage and replace it daily, but the adhesive from the bandages has really irritated my skin, causing it to be red, irritated, and it looks like some parts of the skin have been stretched out. Due to the area it's in, and the wound left behind from the mole being removed, I can't use a mere band-aid because it won't stay, and if it comes off, the wound will hurt ten times as much, so I need to use the heavy duty dressings that stay on. Yet, due to how badly it hurts, I've resorted to using a band-aid tonight, but since the area rubs against skin every time I take a step, I highly doubt the band-aid will stay on tomorrow, or even through the night while I'm asleep. Is there any way to tend to the irritated skin? And just to be a little clearer, it's the skin around the wound, where the adhesive of the dressing was, that is irritated, not the wound itself.What to do when adhesive from bandages causes the skin to be stretched out and irritated?
When I was 20 years old, (many, many years ago), I suddenly developed an allergy to adhesives. They caused itching, redness and skin irritation in the area where they were applied.


One would think that over the years BandAids, surgical and medicated tapes, etc. would have evolved to be ALL hypo-allergenic. I recently learned the hard way that is not the case at all.


I suggest purchasing a new package of dressings that says hypo-allergenic somewhere on the package, or ask your Pharmacist for a recommendation. Also, if you can handle it, you might leave off the dressings at night so as to allow your skin to recover from the irritation.What to do when adhesive from bandages causes the skin to be stretched out and irritated?
try to stop useing bandaids, and instead, get some gause, and just wrap it around your leg and tape it over the gause. if it doesnt stay, then take some stright and tie it to your under ware. also put some anitbacterial onitment on the irritated skin. if u ever deside to use a bandaid aigan...leave it on when you take a shower so that the water can help remove it, and keeping getting it wet and soapy, i dont kno if they make this forr sure...but look in the store for some bandide remover. =D also exersize and lotion will help tighten up the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment