Friday, February 19, 2010

Had surgery and have an allergic reaction to the bandage adhesive used. How do I relieve the welts and itching?

I had a c-section a week ago. The surgeon used internal stitches and glue to close so no staples but I have steri-strips now for another week. When I initially came out of surgery I had a huge elastic bandage dressing over the wound for 24 hours and it was removed leaving the steri-strips behind. Over the past week the area has become itchier and itchier. I have a welt in the same shape as the elastic bandage.





With previous surgeries I have had allergic reactions to adhesives but this time I completely forgot to mention it. What can I do to relieve it? Its so incredibly itchy and unbearable. Ive tried cortisone cream, Ive removed all the remaining adhesive I can see on my skin, and nothing is working. I finally resorted to Vagisil just to numb the area (it has benzocaine in it).





HELP! Its really unbearable. And Im terrified to scratch anywhere near it because its right at the incision site. Advice?Had surgery and have an allergic reaction to the bandage adhesive used. How do I relieve the welts and itching?
I use Aloe Vera gel. It is great for any type of sunburn, scrape, irritation of the skin etc. It is healing also.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your idea I really appreciate and I enjoy reading your post.

    Sports Tape Products

    ReplyDelete