Friday, February 19, 2010

Sudden possible allergic reaction to adhesive bandages.?

I was cooking dinner four nights ago and burned my stomach all the way across by accidently leaning into a hot baking pan. The burn began to pus, peel, and bleed randomly. Today it was much better after I've kept neosporin and peroxide on it. However, A painful and disgusting looking rash formed where the bandaids were placed. It itches something fierce and is only where the outterparts of the bandaids were placed. Everytime I put a bandage on, it itches more. I have never had such reactions to bandaids. Help?!Sudden possible allergic reaction to adhesive bandages.?
see a doctorSudden possible allergic reaction to adhesive bandages.?
I had something similar happen to me. I had never had a reaction to band-aids before.


I had to have a band-aid on my breast. It became very itchy. When I took the band-aid off, It was gross, It pulled off the skin directly under the band-aid I had a band-aid shaped wound for a while.


It healed up with no scar. But i never had a reaction again.


I think it might have something to do with the skin being softer on your stomach.


I'm not a doctor but I hope my story helped in some way (or not - I just wanted to tell it).
Hi


Youll need to either use a clear plastic film for burns or bandaids that are hypo-allergenic which isnt as harsh on the skin
Allergies can form as our bodies change over time, plus it could be the brand, but you might need to have it looked at. That burn sounds pretty darn serious. My dad is allergic the adhesive bandages his doctor gave him for a cancerous place he had taken off, but he can wear regular bandages from the store just fine, so I would think you are just having an allergic reaction. Honey, you NEED to see the doctor about it all though, so he can get you straight and feeling better.
you may be allergic to latex. check the packaging for the bandages and see if they contain latex. if so, try latex-free ones for a while, but be sure not to put more adhesive on the already irritated areas.
  • Fish
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment